2nd room problem

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by newbie265, Jul 19, 2004.

1. newbie265

newbie265

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    When i had my sky + fitted first time around ,i also was able to wath sky in my 2nd room and kitchen by using the existing rf cable which was put in originally when i had my first ever asky box.My sky + box had to be replaced as it was faulty and now I can't get any signal in my other two rooms,any ideas? obviously this wasn't an official extension as the guy just gave me extra cable to run it in the back room so I can't get sky out to fix teh problem.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Is the replacement SKY+ set to the same RF frequency as the box it replaced?
    You will either have to alter the SKY+ RF output or retune the two televisions, the SKY+ default RF is 68.

To get to the RF tuning menu on the SKY+ enter these commands on the remote..
    Services
    Select

Then you can alter the RF channel and save it.
    If you still have no luck with the two televisions then connect the SKY+ RF to the main TV just to see if the SKY+ is outputting RF. If it isn't then the box is faulty and a replacement has I believe a 3 month warranty.