2nd projectors

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jasoncp, Dec 19, 2002.

1. jasoncp

jasoncp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    do i go for a cheaper 2nd hand unit as it is my first step?

ive found a few an necvt 540, sanyo plc sw 15 , sanyo plc xw15 , sano plv 30 fo around £750 to £1000

or should i cough up some more dosh and go for a panasonic ae100/200 or a z1?

how would the 4 2nd hand ones compare to the pan and sanyo?

cheers for any help

2. GaryG

GaryG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    You've probably read it several times before but you really will have to have a look at the picture on the units for yourself. What is acceptable to one person may not be acceptable to somebody else, they all have strengths and weaknesses. As a general comment second-hand can get you a real bargain as projectors drop in value very quickly just watch out for bulbs near the end of their life they are an expensive item to replace. Also check out a plain 'white field' picture and look for signs of aging (yellowing), some projectors have internal filters that 'yellow' with the UV light from the bulb.

If you can accomodate the size, a CRT will give you a better price/performance ratio and potentially last longer as tubes usually last around 10,000 hours or more although you will need to check the tubes to make sure there aren't any burns from overdriving the tubes (too bright a picture) or displaying static images like the logos on the Sky channels.