1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd Plasma choice and installation question

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Tantalus, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Tantalus

Tantalus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi

I am lucky enough to be getting an extension built (4mx7m) onto my house (it's called a sunhouse but for the sake of argument its a slate roofed conservatory. This will create an open plan from the lounge (window and radiator removed) etc. I plan on mounting a 2nd plasma on one of the walls which will effectively be through the wall to my existing 435XDE media box, SKy+ (RGB SCART) and Tag DVD (component).

I am curious as to what I can do here without a mess of cables. Considering the new Pioneer 436XDE or Panny 42PV500. Not fussed about having independent Sky channel choice ie I am happy to have one supply both.

Questions:

1) Will the new Sky+ HD box have more than one HDMI output? If that is a yes then I guess problem is solved but if not...

2) Is it feasible to source two plasmas in this way from one media box? Is the 436 box compatible with the 435?

3) Any other good ideas?

Mark

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    1 and 2(a) are both a total absolute no, 2(b) is maybe, if you get a 436 do us all a favour and try it! Good ideas? Sky HD 1st boxes will have SD output, probably s-video, but of course also HD component. Problem soved for sky I reckon. I think the analogue signal would make me lean towards the panasonic. DVD, a good one has component and HDMI active simultaneously too. Or else you feed all into a Lumagen or latest DVDO scaler, and use an HDMI splitter to share the output. That'll work very well.