2nd John Lewis Price Match on same TV

neilmcl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Last week I managed to get John Lewis to price Crampton & Moore for a Sharp LC37P50E which was priced at £1299 plus delivery. That was a saving of £461 which I was well pleased with.

I know see that C&Ms price has been reduced to £1199. As I'm still within the 28 day period for John Lewis's price promise policy can I get them to refund me a further £100 or will the argue that the pricematch has now been concluded.

dont forget folks the answer is in the question.

ijd said:
dont forget folks the answer is in the question.
I know what you're saying but I'm hoping that as we agreed a price prior to purchase and that my 28 days price promise after purchase should still apply.

I'll give em a ring tomorrow and see what they say. I know it might sound that I'm being greedy but £100 is a £100.

best of luck, you have nothing to lose,let us know how you get on, :smashin:

They told me today they won't price match with Crampton and Moore. The Bluewater JL that is.

anuvid said:
They told me today they won't price match with Crampton and Moore. The Bluewater JL that is.
What reason did they give, if they say because it's not local then print out their price promise form their website and quote the paragraph that refers to all UK stores not just local.

They said it was specifically excluded on their price match list because it was one of the stores which was inconsistent on pricing and availability, and it was a store who bartered.

Well I rang JL and they haven't said no yet. Once they've checked the price details they should get back to me, fingers crossed.

Anuvid, sorry to hear about you're problems with JL Bluewater, if you really want to take this further try contacting their Head Office and explaining that there'e no reasonable ground for C&M not to be matched as they adhere to the terms of the policy as published and furthermore other JL stores have matched with them both in the past and continuing to do so. If all else fails you could always try another branch.

I'll give it a go mate. I'm glad you got your price match though.

this sounds abit hypocritical, they wont barter but they will price match, so if another store price matches they call this bartering, i am confused!!

I know what you mean. I think the problem with bartering is that if you keep undercutting each other eventually you give the product away. They will price match the standard advertised price which I think is reasonable.

Finally. Spoke to Head Office as JL Bluewater wouldn't price match CRampton & Moore - saying they were on the list of 'exclusions' for price matching. Head Office said there was no exclusion list. Anyhow, another JL branch agreed to the price match so Bluewater have to confirm.

Here's an interesting one though. C&M do the TH42PE50WAL for 1399 inc. It's also 1399 inc without the wall bracket. JL won't do the TV with the wall bracket because C&M can't confirm which make the bracket is. So they're price matching on the TV only.

Hurray :thumbsup: My local John Lewis aftersales team just let me know that they will in fact credit me a further £100 due to the C&M price drop. Very nice people :clap:

That's excellent news. £ 100. Not bad for a few phone calls.

My price match gave me a DMRES20 instead of ES10 which is quite handy.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom