1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd hard drive video capture problem

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by electrolyte, Oct 2, 2005.

1. electrolyte

electrolyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,077
    I installed an internal second hard drive today as somewhere to download DV from my camcorder. The drive I installed was a Western Digital 120GB 7200 rpm drive.

I had assumed that this would be fine for video capture but Pinnacle 9.4 says that it cannot capture to the drive because "the data rate on drive F: is less than the required rate of 4213 kbyte/sec". I also tried Ulead 9 and this captures choppy, jerky video to the drive.

Have I installed the wrong drive for video capture or is something else going wrong?

I have a Dell Dimension 2400 running XP SP2 home with a 40GB 1st drive (that captures perfect video but is running out of space!).

The details of the exact hard disc I installed can be found here: drive specs

Anyone able to help?? :lease:

2. electrolyte

electrolyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,077
    I've managed to answer my own question. Found the answer here on Western Digital's site:

answer

I had to change a setting in the BIOS and everything now works OK. :smashin: