Question 2nd hand laptop advice please

pmk23

Looking for a 2nd hand laptop for my son for school use. I'm a bit behind the times with laptops so would really appreciate any advice as to what I could reasonably expect for around £150 and any particular brands to go for (or avoid!). Appreciate the budget is low but its just for homework tasks so Google Classroom and Libre Office are about as demanding as it will get, anything needing more oomph and he can use my desktop.

Thanks in advance, really appreciate any advice offered, thanks for reading

DavidG1

£150 is low for even for second hand. What I would do is find a laptop and then post the specs up here so we can advise. For that money if you can find anything with a dual core processor 4GB RAM and 15" screen and a small (320GB) HDD you would be doing well.
Morgan do refurbs but are out of stock at your budget
Also Try Googling refurbished computers

pmk23

£150 is low for even for second hand. What I would do is find a laptop and then post the specs up here so we can advise. For that money if you can find anything with a dual core processor 4GB RAM and 15" screen and a small (320GB) HDD you would be doing well.
Morgan do refurbs but are out of stock at your budget
Also Try Googling refurbished computers
Thanks for the reply, very much appreciated. May need to rethink as I know I'll get a lot more for the money going with a small desktop instead. Will keep an eye on the Classifieds here too, thanks again

pmk23

Okay, found this - appreciate the eMMC HDD isn't ideal but i believe you can add an SSD fairly easily, RAM isnt upgradeable however. But for £199 I'm guessing this should run Libre Office and Google Classroom fairly comfortably?

Again any advice much appreciated, thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom