• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

2nd hand arcams advice

digitaldecks

Established Member
Hi all. Was looking at buying brand new but thought I might try preloved.

I have the opportunity to buy 2 arcam amps. They were trade ins but are in very good condition "that's what the shop says"

Anyway the choice is p1000 7 channel and the P35/3.

I already have an XPA5 in my main HT room. This is just for the for my living room where I have a 7.1 setup on a denon 3313. Front 3 are XTZ 99.36 and 99.25 centre, vector surrounds and heights. This room does not get used much but I wanted something a bit better for stereo, movies and gaming than running all of the Avr.

Originally was looking for 3 channel but as limited in choice compared to 5 channels etc...
Then was thinking 5 channels and bi-amp l/r etc.

Anyway back to the choice I have on the table. P1000 is being offered for £500 and p35/3 for £250.

Anyone got any opinions. I read on a few old threads about both and the p35 is well regarded. I'm going to see the dealer on Saturday to have a look.

What should one pay for these older amps? No warranties. Age is about 4/5 years on both. No service.

Would be great to get some input even if it means telling me to walk away.

Plan b is just to buy new and would be the rotel 1565.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom