1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd hand analogue. Will it work?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by flibb, Feb 17, 2004.

1. flibb

flibb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi peeps first post in this section.
    Right I am after a camcorder that needs to for fill a couple or jobs. I want to film some 4x4 events and some surfin (big zoom), but I then need to capture the video on my PC, I have a 9800 AIW would this work with a analogue camcorder? Inputs appear to be conposite and svhs. Working on the assumption that this will work what camcorders should I keep an eye out for on ebay? If possible I would like a camcorder that has a composite input so that it could be used with a wireless remote camera. Unfortunately my budget is limited £50-£100 hence ebay.
    Cheers
    Jon

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    try local camera shops as they often take old ones in PX and you should get some warranty. I am not a fan of ebay, things seem to expensive on there for me! also try cash converters and similar stores. try and have a play and budget for a replacement battery as the one it comes with almost certainly will be knackered!

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,388
    For £100 you should stand a fair chance of getting a cheap s/h DV camcorder. It wont be great quality, but DV will be far better than any analogue cam and will make editing on a PC cheaper & easier.
    Check also the local free papers etc as these often have cheap s/h adds that should be cheaper than Ebay!

Mark.