2nd hand amp value help please

Buckster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at replacing my old Yamaha DSP-a5 receiver with a nice Pioneer 2011 or AX3 or equivalent.

Before I put them up later in the week - for completely wrong prices - any ideas on the following items ?

In the process I'm going to be selling my DSP-A5 - any idea on how much they're worth these days ? (before I spend too much on my new amp !) - I was thinking around 80-90 quid ? With box and manual and remote ?

Also - if the Pioneer is even close to my NAD C350 for stereo playback - I'm fed up with using it as a power amp - how much do these fetch on the 2nd hand market - all boxes etc, + 2 years left of Richersounds warranty ? 140-150 ?

I know these things all depend on whose looking for what items at any specific time - just looking for approximates :)

Thanks,

Mark.

If i were you, i'd ask £110 ish inc postage for the yammy..... but be flexible. £80 or 90 and it should sell easily id imagine

ad

Thanks Buns - wasn't sure if the Yam was one of those things that wouldn't sell too well these days due to not having PLII etc - but what it does it does pretty well.

Thanks - I'll prob. put it up for sale in the next couple of weeks when I have a new amp first !

Mark.

i sold one for £110 inc postage about 4 or 5 months back, so fingers crossed you do well. It just depends who wants, in terms of its performance just with dvd, its not having pl2 is no big deal, so it just depends on who is looking!

all the best

ad

I reckon Your NAD C350 will still be significantly better in stereo than either of the Pioneer AV amps.

In my experience, only the better flagship amps like the Denon A1SR can hope to compete with any reasonable stereo amp for listening in stereo.

I have a Denon A1SE and have owned many AV amps before it.
It's the only one I've heared that can cut it as a hifi replacement.

I'd say keep the NAD.
I still own a NAD C370, and on the odd occasion I wire it in for a listen, I realise how much I miss having a permanent dedicated stereo set up.

If you're looking to sell your Nad 350 let me know as i might be interested.

OK - I'll see what I'm doing when I've bought a new amp and installed it and done some comparisons - I'll put the Amp if I sell it on the General Classified Forums as per the rules - but I'll PM to let you know I've done it since you've shown some interest - it'll be a couple of weeks I'd say.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom