1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd gen ipod need firewire to usb conector?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by spyder, Aug 10, 2005.

Tags:
  1. spyder

spyder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I have a 2nd gen Ipod and now don't have access to a Mac to connect the ipod via firewire. Is there a connector/adaptor that will allow me to convert the firewire cable to usb so I can use the ipod on a PC?

As it stands I have'nt been able to add any tunes to the ipod for a few months and don't really want to buy a new one!!!

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,850
    Have a look on the uk apple store they are the most likely place for converters. You can also buy PCI cards for you PC that have firewire connectors on. I use firewire all the time to connect my iPod to my Windows PC.

3. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    There are no Firewire to USB converters, so you'll need to purchase a Firewire card.

There's also a bit more to it than that. The iPod will be HFS formatted (if it was initialised on a Mac) so you'll need some additional software to access the iPod on Windows.

As far as I know, at this time only XPlay (http://www.mediafour.com/products/xplay/) allows this to happen.