Question 2K to spend on OLED amp combo advice please

stevogums

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all looking to upgrade my current set up which is JU7000 Samsung 48" TV and Yamaha 1073 Amp.
Due to recent upgrade to Sky Q and other things i need to upgrade to get 4k UHD,current set up doesn't really accommodate this so thought i may opt for
- LG OLED55B6V 55"
- DENON AVRX 4300H
Approx £2300 for both which i'm prepared to stretch to.
Thing is salesman in Richer advised me that the current Denon AVR X 2300 would be as good if not better than the current Yamaha 1073 i own . I did inspect this amp in store and the build was not as good as my current albeit ageing Yamaha. The 4300 did look better aesthetically and closer to my older amp. Am I wasting money paying £800 for a soon to be replaced Denon Amp, and would the 2300 suit me as far as the performance i'm getting form my current amp.
Or is there a better combo i'm not considering. Im keeping my current speaker set up which is B&W M1s with PV1ds.
Cheers P

Your current tv supports HDMI 2.0a which means it accepts a UHD and HDR signal.
Your receiver supports HDMI 1.4 so it will receive and send UHD up to 30hz, just not HDR. It doesn't support HDCP 2.2 though and won't support sky q.

If you want to keep with what you have why not just use the ARC of your tv to your amp for the sound? Plug sky q into the tv and then ARC when enabled on your receiver and tv will send the sound back to the amp.

You don't really have to upgrade to enjoy UHD and whilst HDR isn't very good on your current tv sky doesn't support it anyway.

Before you go buying a new tv I would see what you think of your current tv with it. It's only a couple of years old and would only be a year older than the LG B6 if you bought it.

Thanks for the reply.
TBH never really liked the JU7000 still get judder on the football after all the adjustments.
Also I have done the ARC connection via the samsung hub and yes it did work..
I have viewed the LG and it did look streets ahead of my current JU7000 .
At the price point it is atm i'm worried about missing out on being able to get into OLED at my price point.
Still need to decide on the amp as well .Can a £360 Denon amp ,match my needs really not sure.
Would i be better posting the amp question in the AV receiver forum.
Thanks

Given your upgrade habbits, do you hold onto your amps or TVs longer?

IMO audio >> tv

I heard the 3300 "trounces" the 2300 audio wise

Purchased the OLED yesterday after viewing some 4k stuff and normal 1080p content,must say was impressed.
Viewing and listening to both the Denon 4300 and the Yamaha 1060 at superfi next to see which one to pair with the OLED.. Did listen to the Denon 2300 whilst viewing the OLED and tbh wasn't really that impressed .Things did improve when the Yamaha 1060 was hooked up as well whilst viewing..
Will see next week after the visit.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom