2K Sports - MLB 2K6

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by danvitale, Mar 14, 2006.

1. danvitale

danvitale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
  2. platty

platty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +325
    Dan, if you go on the official 2ksports website forum...there is a question about this from some guy in OZ ( pal region) and he has asked the same question !!! apparantley it is being released in australia .....so we may be able to import from there....:smashin: :clap:

Link here

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75969

3. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    The only 2K game that's been region free so far is Amped 3. Neither NBA 2K6 or NHL 2K6 are region free so it is unlikely that MLB 2K6 will be region free.

4. Dazzyman

Dazzyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    NBA2k6 and NHL werent region free so I wouldnt expect Baseball to be either.

The way 2k are going though where going to be lucky if they release any of there american sports over here for 360 (NBA and nhl keep getting put back for no reason) they did all this before with the xbox (they promised to release baseball over here and then kept delaying it and eventually pulled it completly) I got so frustrated few years ago I ended up buying a USA xbox1 just for the sports titles (cant afford to do it with the 360 again though). Ive had the 2k baseball, NFL, NBA and NHL both by Sega and EA and last years MVP just edged over the 2k series. Now 2k own the MLB rights over EA (I got there college one this year on xbox and its ok nothing outstanding) it would be nice of em to release it in europe but they dont sell well so its a miracle I think if they do :( It annoys me as well that on the xbox in the usa the 2k series are around $20 as there classed as update discs so get sold very cheaply!

5. danvitale

danvitale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    Cheers all. I hope the Australian version of MLB2K6 is compatible for us over here. It looks amazing!

6. Fuey_fu

Fuey_fu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I totally agree, I used to love the EA baseball games before they lost the rights. A top notch 360 baseball game online is just what the doctor ordered.:clap:

7. Alistair_M

Alistair_M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Is there any update on whether the MLB baseball game which will be released shortly on the xbox360 in the US is region free so that Ukers can import it?

8. pnangna

pnangna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Its very doubtfull but i got my fingers crossed, Also why on earth are they releasing it in Oz and not here seems nuts to me. For now im getting my fix from MLB 06 The Show on PSP its a excellent game.

9. danvitale

danvitale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    Is everyone sure they are releasing it over in Australia?

Australian games should play OK over here shouldnt they? Same region code, same TV system as us??

10. Dazzyman

Dazzyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    No one knows for sure if its going to be released outside of USA/Canada yet, it was an email someone recieved to do with the Australian release, its same territory as us so if it does get released there it will be fine for importation.

The first reviews are starting to pop up now.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/930953.asp

11. davet010

davet010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    If I were you, I would sincerely hope that MLB 2k6 ISN'T released where you are.

The reviews have been very negative, with the game seemingly having some good points, but appalling problems with freezing up and generally coming across as significantly unfinished.

Apparently users who have contacted the company about the freeze ups have been advised to either remove their HD, or load 3 other 360 titles before MLB.

Thanks, but if I am paying £40 for anything, I expect it to work as advertised, and the mass opinion of my US buddies is that 2k6 just doesn't.

Ho hum