• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

2k Budget for 65inch 4k tv

newcomers

Established Member
Hey,

decided to get a new tv but didnt realise how difficult it would be!! Initial budget was £1.5k but have since realised that due to my needs (and being fussy) this was never going to be enough, so have changed that to 2k (which im guessing will probably still not be enough).

Initially I looked at the Samsung UE65JU6400 but was put off by bad reviews. I then looked at the LG
65UF950V but the reviews on that are even worse!!

I was thinking about the Samsung UE65JU7000, which seems ok but doesnt have HDR and comes with one connect, which I dont know much about, plus Im not sure if I can even connect that to my denon avr 1911.

So for around 2k, what is the best Im looking at? I watch a lot of HD football and the kids have a load of blu rays. Oh, and it has to be flat!!

Thanks guys

tazza84uk

Established Member
Hi. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm lookin g at the Samsung UE65JS9000 but it's around the £2500 mark. I'm hoping there's a price Drop soon as it seems to have everything I need.

newcomers

Established Member
Hi. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm lookin g at the Samsung UE65JS9000 but it's around the £2500 mark. I'm hoping there's a price Drop soon as it seems to have everything I need.

Yeah I considered that but I'm now thinking about the UE65JS8500 which is 2.3k. Ideally wanted a flat TV but the only decent one I've seen is the UE55JU8000, shame it doesn't come in 65 inch though.

Don't know whether to wait and see if another 65suhd comes out or just go for the ue65js8500.

tazza84uk

Established Member
I also looked at the 8500 but was told it comes with the one connect mini box. Whereas the 9000 gets the full version. Was told that the 9000 is more future proof.

ManCaveMan

Established Member
First post, so go easy on me please.

I too looked at the 65JU6400 and then the 65JU7000. But having looked on the web for reviews it is said that they do not support 24p for Blu-Ray, although I do not know if this actually means 24Hz or 23.976Hz or both. The result is supposed to be judder. Maybe this is not true though, as it makes no sense to me why any current TV would not support Blu-Ray even if it is 4k.

Higher models are curved and not sure I want to go down that road.

newcomers

Established Member
Decided to go for the ue65js9000, arrives Saturday. Bit more than I wanted to spend but it has everything I want. Hopefully the curve won't bother me too much!!

tazza84uk

Established Member
Decided to go for the ue65js9000, arrives Saturday. Bit more than I wanted to spend but it has everything I want. Hopefully the curve won't bother me too much!!

Congrats on the purchase. Please let me know what you think once it's all set up etc. Really interested in your opinion on the one connect box.

ManCaveMan

Established Member
The more I look online, the more I am tempted to go for one of the higher models. I'm beginning to think that a curved screen might be better, as I have just one perfectly placed seat. I was looking at the JS8500 earlier, but with only a small jump up to the JS9000 it makes sense to spend the extra. Now I am wondering if the extra money on the JS9500 is worth it.

arenaman

Just seen this thread, I'd have suggested looking at the Hisense XT910 ULED, owners seem very happy with their TVs

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom