2gb card and the nokia n73

Reaction score
i received my n73 yesterday then a 2gb small sd card ,when putting the card in the phone it says card corrupted, but after a format in a card reader its saying no card inserted, yet in the card reader its showing a 2gb memory card, try to format the card in the phone it gets half way then seems to stop still says formatting card but line doesnt move any advice :lease:

make sure you format as fat - not fat32 on your pc

at the moment the card is still in the phone formatting the line is moving but so slowly but ill leave it but looks like it could take a good few hours :boring:

also how do you put msn messenger on the n73 im new to symbian phones:)

found it agile messenger installed and works well...

I also have the N73 with the 2gb card,my card worked without formatting. In menu/tools then memory its showing 1909 MB capacity.In camera mode showing 2659 pictures left on the memory card.Suggest you may have a faulty card.

the porter said:
i received my n73 yesterday then a 2gb small sd card ,when putting the card in the phone it says card corrupted, but after a format in a card reader its saying no card inserted, yet in the card reader its showing a 2gb memory card, try to format the card in the phone it gets half way then seems to stop still says formatting card but line doesnt move any advice :lease:

I have the same problem with 1GB card, I believe the card is faulty.

I have just bought a 1gb and its fine but the faulty 2gb works fine in my camera:rolleyes:

I also purchased a faulty 2GB (SanDisk) mini sd card for my N80 which displayed the same 'card corrupted' messsage. After comparing it to the 128MB one I received with the phone, I noticed that the metal contacts were shorter - which makes me think that when it's inserted into the phone, it isn't making a true connection.

Any ideas on where to buy decently priced mini sd cards which are compatible with the Nokia N80?

I purchased a SanDisk 2GB miniSD from Amazon.co.uk and so far so good. Phone recognises it no problem.

chiswick said:
I got mine from here: 7dayshop, very cheap, very good, very happy...

I got my 2gb card from them & it works a treat in my N73, so it sounds like the card is incompatable with your phone. :(

Thanks for your help guys!
I have finally got round to ordering a 2GB sandisk from the from the 7dayshop. Should be fine - I think the other one I got from ebay must have been dodgy! (fingers crossed).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom