2gb card and the nokia n73

i received my n73 yesterday then a 2gb small sd card ,when putting the card in the phone it says card corrupted, but after a format in a card reader its saying no card inserted, yet in the card reader its showing a 2gb memory card, try to format the card in the phone it gets half way then seems to stop still says formatting card but line doesnt move any advice :lease:

at the moment the card is still in the phone formatting the line is moving but so slowly but ill leave it but looks like it could take a good few hours :boring:

also how do you put msn messenger on the n73 im new to symbian phones:)

found it agile messenger installed and works well...

dunwich

I also have the N73 with the 2gb card,my card worked without formatting. In menu/tools then memory its showing 1909 MB capacity.In camera mode showing 2659 pictures left on the memory card.Suggest you may have a faulty card.

ma1234

Novice Member
the porter said:
i received my n73 yesterday then a 2gb small sd card ,when putting the card in the phone it says card corrupted, but after a format in a card reader its saying no card inserted, yet in the card reader its showing a 2gb memory card, try to format the card in the phone it gets half way then seems to stop still says formatting card but line doesnt move any advice :lease:
I have the same problem with 1GB card, I believe the card is faulty.

S

stuntnuts

I also purchased a faulty 2GB (SanDisk) mini sd card for my N80 which displayed the same 'card corrupted' messsage. After comparing it to the 128MB one I received with the phone, I noticed that the metal contacts were shorter - which makes me think that when it's inserted into the phone, it isn't making a true connection.

Any ideas on where to buy decently priced mini sd cards which are compatible with the Nokia N80?

jimborae

chiswick said:
I got mine from here: 7dayshop, very cheap, very good, very happy...
I got my 2gb card from them & it works a treat in my N73, so it sounds like the card is incompatable with your phone. :(

S

stuntnuts

Thanks for your help guys!
I have finally got round to ordering a 2GB sandisk from the from the 7dayshop. Should be fine - I think the other one I got from ebay must have been dodgy! (fingers crossed).