2D Blu-Ray to 3D Blu-Ray.. rip / convert & burn!!!

StevesHQ

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hiya all! sorry if this has been posted before anywhere, I done an exhaustive search and have read a lot of posts on the topic of 3D.. but nothing like what I am after...

I have a nice LG 3D Blu-Ray 4k player, an equally nice curved screen 55" LG OLED telly, a collection of over 360 3D steelbooks from all over the world, and generally am a happy bunny. Until now.

I am a bit of a James Bond fan and have them all on 4k Blu-Rays. I saw the last Bond film recently and discovered it was also shot in 3D as well as IMAX, regular digital AND celluloid film as well WOW!

I want to rip my 2D Bond Blu-Rays, convert to the Blu-Ray (SBS?) format and burn back to 3D Blu-Ray disk or saved on a HDD - as long as I can play through my kit as mentioned above. I have already made a handful of Blu-Ray coasters using 'DVDFab (v12)' & 'Cyberlink PowerDirector (v17)' after reading (obviously incorrect) advice from other sites on how to do this. I turn to all the pros here on the AV forum to hopefully get my answers 😳

I just want to watch my James Bond collection in 3D on my LG television, and have them saved either burnt on disk or archived onto a hard drive.

Any assistance or suggestions anyone can give me that works please would be most welcomed indeed. I have a sneaky feeling this cannot be done, as there are no suggestions on any bit of 'Googling' that I have done - thanks very much in advance :smashin:

They wouldn’t be native 3D anyway so your TV would be ‘guessing’ the 3D effect anyway.
No need to covert or burn. Should be able to just play the 2D discs & apply the 3D effect directly on your TV.

With No Time to Die, unless they release a 3D disc, you’re in the same situation, just your TV making a ‘guess’ from the 2D version.

They wouldn’t be native 3D anyway so your TV would be ‘guessing’ the 3D effect anyway.
No need to covert or burn. Should be able to just play the 2D discs & apply the 3D effect directly on your TV.

With No Time to Die, unless they release a 3D disc, you’re in the same situation, just your TV making a ‘guess’ from the 2D version.
Thanks for the response 👍... So, anything that says it can convert 2D to 3D is lying? Not to be sarcastic at all, just seeing so many softwares that boast 2D to 3D conversion, so I got all happy thinking I could rip, convert and burn 3D disks to my heart's content... Obviously not the case. I also didn't realise that my 3D telly could just do a 3D effect? I shall have to dig my manual out for that one 👍 .. oh well, wait another five years and maybe I can then convert Mr Bond to 3D with luck. Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom