2D, 1080p Projector Recommendations Please (New or Used)

Tyler Durden

Looking to get my first projector soon.

I currently have a friends Epson TW6000 set up in my room and it's projecting a 2.4m wide image from 3.5m, which is perfect for me.

The projector I buy will need to be able to do that, and be a match to the 2D performance of this Epson. I don't need 3D and I would buy second hand.

What do you think I should be looking at?

Tyler Durden

£500 ish, i guess.

shogun

You may be hard pushed to get a 2D 1080P projector for around the £500 mark brand new, the only exception I can think of might be an Optoma HD20/200X/HD23 projector which are DLP machines.

Some people are rainbow sensitive to a DLP driven projector.

Have you seen a DLP projector in action before ?

Second hand you may be able to pick up a Mitsubishi HC3800 DLP projector below £500 pounds which will give you an excellent 2D image for the price.

If you are lucky you may be able to pick up a second hand Epson TW3200 LCD projector around your budget, which should give you similar 2d performance to the TW6000.

Alternatively, you could look in the classifieds for older type 1080p projectors such as the first generation Panasonic, Epson and Mitsubishi LCD machines.

Tyler Durden

Years ago i had a Benq DLP projector which I suffered from the rainbow effect. However I had a demo of an HD20 last year, and I was impressed. I might go for one of those.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll do some research based on them.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom