• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

2930 Setup help needed

B

bappy

Depends what you're connecting to and how you're connecting to it?

Thanks and pls note I ma connecting with HD70 thorugh HDMI. When calibrating do I need to put my IRE in DVD player to "0" or "7.5" pls advise.

Thanks

Jase

Distinguished Member
Assume that's an Optoma HD70? I'd use 7.5IRE but try both 720p via RGB with Enhanced Black and YCbCr to see which you prefer.

Also try with Enhancer on +2, DNR +1, MPEG NR - On, High Sharpness -2. Also make sure the Audio/Video Sync is set to HDMI.

Ron240

Prominent Member
From my personal experience with this player....i found that setting IRE to 7.5 noticeably degraded my picture quality,so i have it at 0.
I found that when using HDMI,setting to YCbCr provided a significant improvement to RGB Enhanced.

But as Jase says....its all about trying for yourself and seeing what looks better to your own eyes. :)

Jase

Distinguished Member
Bear in mind if you switch from 0 to 7.5IRE or vice versa you'll need to recalibrate Brightness on the display/PJ. :)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom