2910 won't play computer burned dvd's

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Growlerman, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Growlerman

Growlerman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys

Have any of you noticed a problem playing back DVD's (any brand)recorded on a computer ?. My 2910 doesn't seem to like them but plays any +R/RW recorded on my Philips DVDR70 without any problem.
    I also have one of the recent ALDI dvd players in my setup and that plays any disc recorded on both computer and dvd recorder!!!.

Any ideas ???

2. Chippo2000

Chippo2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I generally have no problems with mine. I had one batch of DVD's which it wouldn't play but when I checked them they had huge error rates. Everything else has been fine - I use -R and DL discs on a regular basis.

3. Barr_y

Barr_y
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Growlerman. funny I have just wrote a new post about Denon 2910 v Panasonic DMR-ES30V and I find the same problem. I am beginning to think that the Denon is greatly over-rated. Viewing from my much cheaper Panasonic which records VHS and DVDs it seems far superior to the Denon. Denon seems to break the picture up half way through. The same with recorded TV films or computer films. The Panasonic always plays them perfectly.

4. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    I would say that it could be the media and/or the PC writer. I had a Sony and Pioneer writer that would play the discs fine in them, but not anywhere else. I moved to NEC writers and haven't had any issue (although I do have a 3910 not a 2910)

5. Barr_y

Barr_y
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I personally have a NEC burner as well and use either Verbatim DVD-R or Ritek Traxdata 8x-R or +R Have checked them with Nero and the discs come out fine 100%, so it seems to me not the medium but the actual player.

6. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    What has been described is consistent with what has been said about the 2910 being fussy with certain types of disk. In so saying I had no issues with mine using single layer DVD-R's (purple dye) and a couple of DVD+RW's.

7. meltonboy

meltonboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +595
    Whilst mine has been fine with original dvd's and cd's it has occasionally fussy with dvd's burnt on my pioneer dvd recorder, but it was pretty rare.

8. Atchi123

Atchi123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I have the Denon 1920 and it won't play my computer burned DVD-R's. Not tried any others as yet.

9. spl23

spl23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +385
    Neither of the 2910s I owned were any good with any disc that wasn't pristine, and that included ones I'd burnt myself. The 3910 is much less fussy about what it will and won't play, which is why I ditched the 2910 - easily the most fussy DVD player I've owned.