1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2910 giving me a headache!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by John-D, Apr 23, 2005.

1. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have this problem?

When watching a DVD i seem to get little break up's in the picture, like when digital TV breaks up. This happens through component, and RGB scart. What the hell is it? It doesn't happen on all disc's, so could it be dirt on the DVD disc itself? Coz when i play that disc again, it doesn't happen.

I have also updated the player to firmware 8, coz it was happening on version 4, but its started doing it again.

Anyone got any ideas?

Regards,
    John

2. barongreenback

barongreenback

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Sounds like dirt to me, had this happen on a couple of previous DVD players although not my 2910 as yet.

3. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply.

Just never seen it happen before. My old Sony 525 player never had this happen to it once. Hopefully its because of the high quality components inside the Denon, and that it just shows up everything. :suicide:

4. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    Wait, its not the disks.
    I had this same problem with my 3910. (among other problems) I had it sent to denon for repairs and they said that it is indeed a problem with the hardware.

They have since fixed the problems I was having including the picture break up.

It can be fixed. Just call denon and tell them about the problem. They have to fix it!

5. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers AML will get onto it this week.

Thanks M8! :smashin:

6. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here's the reply from Denon that i got, hope the CD cleaner sorts, or its gotta go back! :(

Will Try this today!

John.

Dear Sir

The problem can be caused by the laser pick in the unit having a mere case of dust contamination, in this case please use a standard CD laser cleaner. If the problems remains then you might have a faulty laser, which would mean you will have to get in into us via a dealer for repair. Has your player been multi regioned?? If you could email me your serial number and if you know the version of the firmware installed in the player, we can then check to see if there has been any updates!!

Best regards,

Product Support

GB 25/04/05

DENON UK Ltd

7. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    I doubt it will work. If it does ill be surpirsed.
    I always kept my disks clean and used air spray to dust them before puting them in the drive. There was definately no dust build up inside the player.

In my case it was a problem that denon in japan recognised and fixed.

It was really annoying as it happened often but never with just one disk or in the same place. I knew it couldnt be the disks, otherwise it would happen in the same place each time right?

8. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with you, AML. Its too random, and like you say, it never happens on the same part of a disc. Some times you can play that disc again, and it will never happen again.

Trust me to get a poxed up player. I seem to get all the dud machines lately! :suicide: lol

Well, will now see if it happens again. Will keep you posted.

Regards,
    John