1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

290cm`s about right ?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Phill1978, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Phill1978

Phill1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    I measured my room and taking into account the 13cm depth of most LCD`s minussing it off the distance i will be sat at i got 290cm/300cm`s on the tape measure from wall to my comfortable sitting posistion right upto my eye (god i bet i looked weird :D )

after much debate and viewing im going for a 32" Screen is this about right ??? :confused:

also considering a 32" CRT is 30" display, does that make a 32" CRT and effective 34" when comparing with CRT.

problem is i have no idea what to get. of course HDMI, PC plugged in sometimes with perfect 1:1 mapping and component + 1 RGB scart. not bothered about speakers, but must have a black frame. Also il be buying on HP from either dixons or curry`s. is there any online Electrical shops that do finance deals ?

my budget is around £1200

thanks all :smashin:

2. Caprylate

Caprylate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    A 32" LCD will be 32", a CRT TV has tubes which are 32" the actual screen itself is slightly smaller, so you'll be looking at about a 30" screen for CRT like you said.

3. Phill1978

Phill1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    ok..

so is 3m ok for a 32" is it too small ?? i dont want huge homecinema as it doesnt need to own the room in terms of day to day living but id like to be a ble to read the small text when running in Hi-DEF

4. chriszzzzzz

chriszzzzzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    From experience its perfection itself.... :thumbsup:

5. Phill1978

Phill1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    great stuff.. now to find a screen, although i think im goin with the HD XD LG 32" i saw the other day in comet, its picture running an LG promo HD clip was as good as i ever want until 3D comes along that is :cool:

im gonna go with finance though, as an incentive, my GF says i can have one if i pack the ciggy`s in. so better health and better body to watch it with. hope fully it should be around £22 per month over 48 months, she will pay £10 and il pay £10 so cigs cost me around £30 per month im gaining really :clap: