1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2900 vs 3910

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Miniholic, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    I've been reading up, but can't seem to find a definite answer, lots of info comparing to Pioneer etc.. but not a lot between the two Denons.

I'm looking at buying one of the above, can afford to get the 2900 right now, or wait until after xmas and go for the 3910, but as I won't be using any of the digital video connections or the Denon link is there any real benefit to getting the newer machine? I'd rather spend £400 less and put it towards my next upgrade, but would like which ever player I get to last me a few years.

I also want to use it as a CD player if that makes much difference. I know both will be a massive improvement over my 5 year old Pioneer, and will be demoing both if I can (no AV dealers where I live though :( ), just wondered what people who have used both players think.

Thanks in advance.

2. jhjerpe

jhjerpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    If you are not planning on using the i-link / HDMI functionality I would save your cash and go for the 2900. It would also seem that the Analouge output of the 2900 is actually better than the 3910, however I am only basing this on other peoples views.