29" Ultrawide monitor recommendations.

Roohster

Distinguished Member
I've been looking at 29" ultrawide monitors lately (no room for a 34" unfortunately!) but struggling to find decent reviews. I had my eye on an LG, but they seem to make three or four models with virtually identical specifications.

I do a bit of casual gaming but don't need an ultrafast response time, I definitely want decent contrast and colour accuracy.

I'd be really grateful for any advice or recommendations.
Many thanks.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
What's your budget? The Samsung are supposed to be great, but obviously cost a bit.

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Thanks. :)
I don't mind paying a bit more for decent quality, is there any particular Samsung you'd recommend?
I couldn't find any 29" listed anywhere.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
The G7 series but it appears they don't do a 29 inch model.

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Ah, thanks again, as much as I'd love something bigger 29" is the sweet spot for me.

caz2005

I know it's bigger than you'd like but the 34" Alienware monitor is on sale £1150 down to £721. I bought one yesterday. Used a promo code to bring it down to £650. Pretty good for a 120hz IPS 3440x1440p monitor I think.

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
What monitor do you currently have as you want to be careful with the physical vertical height of the screen display? Not sure how much the reviews pick up on this but for example the 49” ultra wide are the same height as 27” monitors.

I found going for some of the other sizes ended up with smaller than a 24” 16:9 monitor which is something I didn’t want.

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Thanks Caz, but I really do need something smaller.

@Chuck, My current monitor is 21.5" and a 29" ultrawide is about the same height.

monitors.JPG

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom