1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

28ZD26P geometry issues. Am I being fussy?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by TelexStar, Sep 30, 2003.

1. TelexStar

TelexStar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i'm new to the boards and was wondering if anyone could help put my mind at ease.

I recently bought a new Tosh 28ZD26P, mainly because of the sparkling reviews it's been getting. Anyway, i've been really happy with it (the buzzing noise i can't notice at all when the sound's on) but I have a few issues with the geometry (i think its called that?).

When I view anything in the standard 4:3 view, the virticle edges of the screen just aren't very straight. Towards the bottom of the screen there's about a centermetre difference which is certainly noticeable when watching a standard broadcast. I was wondering, am I being fussy here? I know that most Widescreen TV's are seldom dead straight so is this something i should just be learning to live with?

I'd appreciate any help you can give
    Cheers

2. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Very annoying isn't it. I got through 3 of the 32 inch versions and the geometry was shoddy on all of them. It is basically just poor quality control on Toshiba's behalf. You are certainly not being too fussy. If you can be bothered with the hassle, keep asking for replacements until you are happy. Whilst you will never get it absolutely perfect, geometry should be good enough so it doesn't spoil your viewing by making you notice how poor it is!
    IIRC Toshiba have tolerence levels in which the geometry is allowed to deviate from a true perfect grid. This will be different depending on the tube size but i think it was about 5mm on the 32 inch.
    Good luck!