28PW6517 return??? a few questions

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by CyBeRkId2002, May 22, 2004.

1. CyBeRkId2002

CyBeRkId2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +125
    Hi all,

right, here goes. bought this tv a couple of weeks ago and have had curvature on both sides which is annoying to say the least. I have played around with the geometry settings in the service menu but it seems to be a problem with the set itself...
    Ive just got off the phone with the suppliers who said as its within 28 days i can simply replace it. Problem is I didnt save the original geometry settings. I have got the tv back to as good as it was before i started playing but 99% sure most of them are at different values. Will this be a problem when they get it back to hq to have a look at and whats likely to happen? Nothing? A phone call saying its obvious ive been playing around with it? Come round and demand to swap the tvs back over???

Any advice would be much appreciated,
    Michael Jones

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,294
    It's very unlikely that a manufacturer would record settings for every TV as final adjustment is normally carried out in the alignment stage at the end of production and it would be a massive (and pointless) task to record them all.

3. CyBeRkId2002

CyBeRkId2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +125
    thanks alot gary... i think im going to get the settings for the 6006 off the matchline service menu website and adjust slightly off from that as its a similar menu structure and i think mine is quite wrong from the models standard at the moment even though it looks ok...

Anyone else have an opinion?
    Michael