Quantcast

28pw6305/01 problems?

U

usm76

Hi.
I have a problem with my Philips 28pw6305/01.

I was playing PS2 when it suddenly was a noise in the speakers and the screen went black, the "power light" was blinking rapidly in bright and faded red. So i turned the set off and unplugged it.

When i later tried it it worked fine for about 30min then it just shut itself off.
I have had some small problems before with it being "locked" when i can not change channels or turn it of with remote, back the i used the main power button to turn off and on again and it worked fine after that.

Does anyone have any idea what caused this problem?
The set is about 4-5 years old i think.

Please help!!!

micks_address

This sounds simillar to a problem i have with my 2 yr old phillips ws - the screen goes all blue with zig zag lines and then shuts of - it will start again but then shuts down a few minutes later... if the tv is off over night it will work fine the next day

usually only happens when the tv is on all day

i asked about this problem elsewhere and the reply i got is that there's a short circuit in the tube and there's a safety feature in the tv that causes itself to switch off

i was told the tube is knackered so a new tv is needed

Anyway that all the info i have - sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
Mick

U

usm76

Thanks.
Well at least now i know what the problem is, i dont get no reponse from philips :(
So a new tv it is then........... :(

micks_address

its one annoying fault - the guy that replied to me before on google said it was a weakness with phillips tubes.... i'll be staying clear in future!

Top Bottom