Question 28MT49VF-PZ no audio out

David27

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a LG 28M49VF-PZ, this TV doesn't have ANY audio output, headphones jack and I don't even find anything on the manual about ARC. Is this for real? I want to connect external speakers but it seems that it's going to be impossible.

Last edited:
I've come across some low end LG and Samsung models like that.
That's why it's important to read the specs and reviews before purchasing.

EDIT. That TV is really a PC monitor with a tuner, just looked at it's specs.
Likewise any Samsungs with no audio out I've come across have also been classed as monitors.

Last edited:
I've come across some low end LG and Samsung models like that.
That's why it's important to read the specs and reviews before purchasing.
It didn't occur me at the time. I thought every tv must had at least one audio output, even if analog, that's basic... I have worse TVs with a bunch of connections.
I guess there's nothing I can do now, frustrating.

It didn't occur me at the time. I thought every tv must had at least one audio output, even if analog, that's basic... I have worse TVs with a bunch of connections.
I guess there's nothing I can do now, frustrating.
Yes, monitors with a tuner will be like that. My father bought one to mount beside his bed, because it was small (cca 21") and didn't know only monitors are that small... It was a Samsung and there was one glaring problem - if you have a PC/laptop connected to it, it will not go to sleep mode when you shut it down, just displays a blue screen forever.

Yes, monitors with a tuner will be like that. My father bought one to mount beside his bed, because it was small (cca 21") and didn't know only monitors are that small... It was a Samsung and there was one glaring problem - if you have a PC/laptop connected to it, it will not go to sleep mode when you shut it down, just displays a blue screen forever.
This one is 28". I have older 22" and 21" with lots of connections.
I use this one mostly for RF TV, and to stream some stuff from a laptop, it doesn't have that problem. The only problem is the sound really, I have teh speakers connected to the laptop, so when I stream I can use them, but not for RF TV,

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom