1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

28LD5200 and dvi connection

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Hass, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Hass

Hass
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone had any luck connecting their 28LD5200 up to their pc using the dvi input? For some reason, I can only get the tele to sync to the signal if I disable my graphics card and default to the standard windows drivers?

Apparently this problem doesn't manifest itself with the analouge input but I'm loathed to follow this option because my graphics card doesn't have an analogue out.

I've gone through all the resolutions the manual says are supported on the dvi in but no luck. Anyone been succesful in attempting this?

2. flangemonkey

flangemonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I had no problems here with my 28LD5200 and my Radeon 8500DV with the ATI catalysts...got it working with both DVI and the analogue D-Sub. My card only has a DVI output, but I also have a DVI->15-pin dongle that converts the signal...

You really need to set the res of your card to 1280x720, as this is the native res of the display...it also worked with 1024x768 IIRC and a few others...

I also fiddled with Powerstrip to get some custom resolutions/refresh rates to try out, had some 720p material playing on the Hitachi in native res. and it was wonderful...