28inch TV's, Loewe or JVC?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by 0lly, Sep 18, 2005.

1. 0lly

0lly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to buy a good 28inch tv. Money is not a problem but I want it in black!

I am going to try and view Loewe and JVC. I saw a Loewe a while ago and was amazed at how 3D the picture was and how natural the colours looked. I was not sure whether ir was a trick done by the filters or just down to a dam good tube.

Anyway the choice of black TV's seem tobe as follows:

JVC AV-28T5B
    JVC AV-28EX5B(mostly black)
    Loewe Aventos.

I have a Pioneer DV575, Gamecube and s-video out media PC which I can output 720x576 at 60HZ. It (will be upgraded to RGB scart when new ATI A-I-W 800XT is released with scart out!!).

Any suggestions?

2. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +320
    I have a graphite 28" Loewe Xelos and really like it. It's quite a few years old and only has RGB scart input not component. So it doesn't do progressive or 720. I do like the picture though and the interface is really nice.

To be honest I'll probably buy a 37/42" LCD soon. So fee up a bit of space in the living room and feed it hidef from xbox and sky (next year).

3. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    The Loewe's use Philips tubes which seem to be the best at creating a 3D image. Extremely good front to back depth. It seems other TV's other than Philips have trouble competing in this field.

The Loewe (Aconda, Mimo and above) will give superlative Hi-Fi sound, as near as damn achievable from 2 TV speakers. The models have recently gone through an update so the previous brethren's should be available for a song in the right places.