28fq75

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Piglet, Jul 14, 2001.

1. Piglet

Piglet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you know this designer set by sony? its rather expensive and i was wondering what the DRC-MF 100hz processing actually does different to what normal 100hz processing does. and does anyone know how successful and good it is? thanks.

2. ScottGreatorex

ScottGreatorex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DRC stands for Digital Reality Creation, this basically takes each line that the picture is made up of and doubles them (it trys to fill in the gaps) I have one, and yes its worth the extra money. Also the TV has twin tuners and is 100Hz and 50Hz switching which is a nice feature

Scott

3. Piglet

Piglet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thats great! im just about to buy one. im just not sure how the picture will be better than the 28fx65. i was watching that in the shop and there was a lot of edge tizzing and the contrast was a bit glary but motion seemed OK. so scott how does its 100hz mode compare to other televisions in terms of the 100hz problems like image lag?? i wouldnt want it to look overly processed becasue of this DRC thing. also is the picture bland and soft in the 100hz mode? or sharp and vibrant? ill be very grateful if someone can reply soon as i wanna order it reeeeally soon. thanks.