2807 /Pio 436XDE: flickers when OSD

V

vs

Hello.

As in the subject, I have a Denon 2807 connected to a Pio 436XDE via a reasonably good HDMI cable (Tech+Link). The OSD on top of the picture on the screen (say from the DVD) is all but smooth. When it starts (either by the OSD or by the Surround options buttons on the remote) the screen goes all black for say half a second. After that the OSD and the picture blend as expected. Similarly when the OSD goes off, at which stage I can also often observe for a fraction of a second a green band on the bottom half of the screen before the image from the DVD gets back.

Is this the expected behaviour, has anybody seen it on their sets? (If not, either there is something wrong with my set or I am doing something wrong with the connection.) Thanks.

The OSD (Component Out) from my Denon will cause my plasma to flicker before it locks on. Screen will go blank, OSD appears then the video will re-appear. Same happens when I switch the OSD back off, I'll lose video again, get a flicker etc.

Similar thing happens on our Projector connected via HDMI. Screen goes off if you change resolution etc. Takes a second or two to lock back on.

I alsso have a 2807 and a Pioneer 436SXE and my image goes black and then thr OSD comes up but it never blends with the image the display was showing at all. The image comes back after the OSD is off. So, I don't know how you manage to get both OSD and picture blended.

Didn't do anything special: just plugged the HDMI cable from the 2807 to the TV, and enabled i/p conversion. This way, OSD is blended with the active screen (even though with an unpleasant transition). If instead I connect the amp to the TV via a components cable, then I get the same as you, the OSD replaces the active screen.

I will try that. I guess the transition is the same both ways, I get it the way I have it set at the moment too; it even turns the dvd input off and then about 15 secs to show the OSD.

Well I went to check and my Amp had the i/p conversion enabled, so I guess that is not what makes the screens to blend. Went checking other settings but I really didn't find which is the one to make it work. What else do I have to enable?

justsurfing, I don't know what to say: what I did is simply connect the amp to the tv by xdmi and enable OSD. Nothing else.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom