2805 & Sky HD - Sound Issue

chrisw

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've recently had Sky HD installed and am routing both the video and audio through my 2805, using component and optical connections respectively. I have a lip synching problem with all of the HD channels and often with recordings done on the box - the audio is up to half a second behind the video on my plasma.

The problem goes away if I use the normal stereo out phono connections on the Sky box into the amp. I've no idea what's causing this problem and have spent ages messing with various settings, but to no avail - has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it?

SKY HD does have lipsync issues and that is why there is a delay value in the sound menu for you to try and match it up.

I have mine set around 100ms but find that if I watch and HD film with DD5.1 and then switch back to an SD prog with only PL that the lipsync is out again. Its the SKY HD S/W I'm afraid so its a case of sit back and hope they fix it soon.

But it doesn't make sense that there isn't an issue with it through stereo connections... or are you saying that there is a problem through optical output? Also, the sound is behind, rather than ahead, so the delay feature won't help!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom