1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2805 component up-coversion

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by the mechanic, Aug 23, 2005.

1. the mechanic

the mechanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Hi guys, as a prog-scan virgin I was wondering if any of the knowedgeable bods here can answer a couple of questions for me?
    I have just bought a Toshiba 32ZP48 TV, and have a Toshiba SD340 DVD player (soon to be changed for a Pioneer DV 585), and wish to route video gear thru the 2805 (ie X-BOX, S-VHS vcr etc etc).
    Will I still be able to get full prog-scan capability from the DVD player (Tosh and/or Pioneer) by routing them thru the Denon, and will I only get "normal" ie non prog-scan from other sources (X-BOX, vcr etc etc) by hooking them up to the s-video and composite connections?
    Also, would I have to manually switch between prog-scan and normal component on the TV, or will it automatically detect if there is a non or prog scan input being inputted to it?
    I think you get my gist (I hope). Apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum, mods feel free to move to a more appropriate forum if neccesary.

Thanks, Graham.

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +925
    Hi Graham

A Progressive Scan signal from your DVD player will be routed through the 2805 untouched. The signals from your X-Box etc that are up-converted to Component will only be output in Interlaced format. They will not be converted to Progressive in the process.

Your TV should automatically detect which Component signal it is receiving (Progressive or Interlaced) and display it accordingly.

3. the mechanic

the mechanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Thanks for that reply jase :thumbsup: Just the news I needed.
    Next thing is a Pioneer DV575 (not very good reports on the 585), so Richersounds here I come :)

TTFN,

Graham.