1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

28" WS - Flat Screen TV's - My final verdict???

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by SOUNDSTYLE, Nov 23, 2003.

1. SOUNDSTYLE

SOUNDSTYLE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I am in the process of buying a new tv (as above) as my current Philips 4:3 21" has near enough come to its end.

The new TV will be used in a bedroom (to replace my Philips).

It is mainly used for Sky Digital and PS2. (Gaming and DVD)

I have looked at the following (below) but from feedback via many forums a lot of people have many complaints about the budget widesceen, flat screen (CRT) market.

Main Requirements:

28" Wide Screen TV (Flat Screen CRT)
    50 Hz or 100 Hz (preferably 50Hz)
    Minimum 2 scarts (One RGB)
    Nicam Tv
    S-Video (if possible)
    Budget £600 max.

Panasonic - TX28PS1

[​IMG]

This was my main choice but a lot of people have recently complained about geometry problems and interference in the top right hand corner which has put me off.

Sony KV28FX68

[​IMG]

I am really interested in this model at the moment as I have heard the KV-32FX68 model has had rave reviews but want to know if the 28" version is exactly the same?

I have also considered the JVC AV28R25EKS but some owners of the TV have said that the RBG's contrast is rather dull and cannot be changed which otherwise spoils an outstanding picture.

JVC's newer model the AV28T25 is mean't to be outstanding value for money but the sound is mean't to be considerably lacking and yet again people have had geometry problems associated with this model.

Thanks

SS

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    T25 / R25 are same model year, R25 has 3D-Phonic / Dolby Pro-Logic plus 18w subwoofer, rear speaker outputs.
    That's the difference.
    X37 is 100hz. :cool:

3. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The X37 is this years model the x25 is a 100hz version of the t25 with 2 rgb scarts.

Rich

4. fatbob

fatbob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If 50hz is preferred, then the Sony KV28LS36 might also be worth considering.

I own an early 50hz Sony Wega, the KV28FX20, and it's giving faultless performance since I bought it, almost five years ago.

The LS36 is a very basic set, but it has excellent performance and has the connectivity you require. It can also be picked up for around £400 if you look around.

5. Ivor_Biggern

Ivor_Biggern

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    I bought the KV28FX68 2 weeks ago and its unbelievable quality for a £500-£600 TV. The 3 scart connections are really useful with 2 of them being RGB`s, the picture and sound quality is faultless and you will be amazed how good watching a DVD or playing an X-box or playstation can be!

I made up with mine and i wouldn`t hesitate in recommending one of these, Sony speaks for itself.

6. SOUNDSTYLE

SOUNDSTYLE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I decided to go for the Sony KV28FX68C in the end.

I ordered one today from House of Fraser.

Thanks for all the replies. :smashin:

SS