1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

28" Widescreen Woes

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Red77, Feb 10, 2002.

1. Red77

Red77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

I am in the stressful position of trying to decide which 28" widescreen to get.
    Here's how it has gone so far (sorry if this is long!) Initially I was drawn towards the Sony KV28FX65 as it had a brilliant review in What Video & TV and looked great in the shop! I have been put off considerably though by the many posts in various forums and newsgroups about problems with Geometry and the like, so I have started to look elsewhere. In particular in the direction of the Panasonic TX28PB50.

This is virtually the same price of the Sony (Empiredirect) has DD and DTS built in, 2 of the 3 Scarts are RGB, and has not had the same mauling that the Sony set has had...except for remarks about buzzing in the speakers!

Basically I need some reassurance that the panasonic (my current front runner!) is worth the cash, and am I correct to strike the Sony off my list (does 2 things count as a list?).

Also, both of the above sets are 100Hz. I currently watch 99% Sky Digital and DVD. Is it worth having 100Hz for these, or does it cause more problems than it solves?

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received as at the moment I am considering ditching tv completely and getting myself an AM radio. ;O)

Thanks

Dave

2. Orson

Orson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +675
    Red77...Are you reading my mind?

I have been in a self-imposed dilemma for several weeks regarding which TV to buy, and have narrowed it down to either the kv28fx65, with the tx28pb50 a close second. I am now having doubts as to whether or not I want 100Htz, Pure Flat, DPL etc, & if I should just buy a 50Htz FST Nicam for abou £400, i.e. Panasonic TX28DK1.

I was wondering if you have made a decision yet, & if so which way did you go?

If you have already purchased, don't read the next bit....

The kv28fx65 is available from krishav.co.uk for £749, inc. vat & stand, but delivery is £50 (they are in London), but unbeatable.co.uk will do a price match, give you 10% of the difference, making it approx. £744, with delivery around £27.50, depending on area. I don't know if this will make a difference to your choice, but there you go.