1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

28" Widescreen with good speakers/sound - does one exist?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Doctor Foster, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Doctor Foster

Doctor Foster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just been looking at 28" TVs at my local Currys and found the sound on many of them to be very poor. I was particularly interested to hear the Sony 28DX200 as everything else the TV had to offer seemed fantastic. The sound was awful (bit buffled, lacked bass, sounded like a cheap mono set). It was far worse than the Sony 28CS70, which from the specs, looked to have identical sound performance. Is this just a duff set that Currys have, or is the sound on this TV not great?

Any other suggestions of TVs with good sound would be welcome, as I don't want to surrender my house to the spaghetti of a home cinema system just yet.

:lease:
    Thanks for reading!

2. Simcom

Simcom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you have access to the MENU settings in the shop.
    Most sets have a BASS and TREBLE setting. I doubt the shop had adjusted them properly.
    Happy hunting.

3. Doctor Foster

Doctor Foster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The staff were all busy arrangeing their night out or something so I had the run of the place! I learned much more than I would have done with their "help". I found a working Sony remote and went round the shop testing all the Sony models and adjusting sound settings - the CS70 definitely came off best. I really wanted the DX200 but now I'm not sure - anybody got any comments on the quality of the sound on this TV?