1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

28" Widescreen TV with 3 Scarts (2 RGB)

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by reidy, Nov 4, 2003.

1. reidy

reidy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi folks,

I'm looking to change TV's and I'm after one with 3 Scrats sockets, 2 of which are RGB - has anyone got any recommendations? Budget is up to £500.

I need to connect the following devices to it:

Sky
    DVD Player
    Tivo
    Playstation 2

Currently have a Bush WS6690d which only has one (non-RGB) scart socket so all devices are fed through a scart switcher which is causing some problems with the digibox. I'd like to be able to connect everything in the following way:

Sky Digibox -> Scart 1 (RGB)
    DVD -> Scart 2 (RGB)
    PS2 -> Scart 3

This will hopefully let me do away with the scart switcher which in turn will tidy up the room and please the girlfriend as she will be able to operate everything without having to explain to her about the switcher.

Any thoughts/advice appreciated.

Ian

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Well I am not sure about 2RGB scarts but look at JVC range os sets, 28T25/28or R37 sets.

3. mister_d

mister_d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I created a thread on this very subject a few days ago. Unfortunately it appears that the JVCs only have one RGB Scart, even though a couple of reviews of the R25 suggest otherwise.

There really doesn't seem to be much choice at all for less than £500 (and not a great deal beyond), and my own budget is a fairly strict £400. I'm thinking of a graded Sony 28LS60, but I'm unconvinced of the merits of 100Hz 28" TVs, and would probably rather have a standard 50Hz set.

I'd be very interested to hear if you do manage to find anything...

4. hmsq

hmsq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    What is a graded tv? Sorry newbie question!

5. Bascombe

Bascombe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Panasonic tx28ps12 has 3 scarts, 2 rgb - is 100hz, which isnt to the liking of some, but apparently you can switch between 100hz and normal. Price? well, Robertsons online do the tx28ps12 for £460 (I think - there or thereabouts anyway). And whats more - if you go into a RObertsons shop, it'll be more expensive - however, if you mention that you saw it a t Robertsons Online for the £460, they will match that price. Apparently they aint allowed to promote the fact that they do this, but should if you ask (least thats what I was told in my local one). I'm in a similar postn to yourself, and while I'm not overly fussed about the 100hz, I'm prepared to pay for the scart/rgb setup.

Cheers,

Bascombe