1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

28" Widescreen 50/100Hz non digital

Discussion in 'TVs' started by simon3d, Dec 17, 2003.

1. simon3d

simon3d

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Being around this time of year, you must get askd for tonnes of recommendations. I currently only have a 14", and am looking for
    a basic a 28" widescreen tv to get me going. I don't want one that digitally processes images as I don't believe its matured yet. And no fancy sound, have an amp/decoder to connect it to.

After being in showrooms, I decided I definitely didn't like pixel plus very blocky compared to other 100hz tvs. A sony 28" 50hz, flickered like mad, you just had to look at a tv next to it, and out the corner of your eye, you noticed it big time. Whereas with a panasonic tx28ps1 I didn't notice any.

I haven't made up my mind on curved or flatscreen. Although flatscreen looks nicer.

Specs

Budget 300-500 (maybe upto 600)

Size 28" Widescreen
    Refresh 50/100hz no digital processing
    RGB scarts (at least one, but prefer two)
    Nicam stereo
    Audio out (to connect to amp)

Curved or Flatscreen??

I welcome all suggestions.

Simon

2. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recommend the JVC AB-28T25, great picture quality and very good value for money from Digital direct uk although if you spend a bit more you will probably get a better set.

Rich