1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

28" Vs. 32" ? - which screen for room size/cost?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Andy Davis, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Andy Davis

Andy Davis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an idea about viewing distance ( 2.5x screen size away ? ).....but I wondered if any members could help with their experience. ( wisdescreen virgin ).

My viewing distance from screen is between 5 - 9' , my price range is up to £400. Should I get a better quality 28" or cheaper 32" ??.......

I have a Yamaha 5.1 sound, its only picture quality I'm interested in & RGB in.

2. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    i like 50 hz for a start as 100hz causes probs with sky, altough it is supposedly good for dvd. So for picture quality I go phillips, i have a pw326518 and it was cheap ie 413stg. The thing about picture size is the 28 and 32 is a myth, this is the tube size but actual screen size is 30 on the 32 so would be 26 on the 28, this is small. Get the 32 but the phillips has wide wings, I saw a toshiba after i bought and it looks a lot nicer but it is heavy etc etc. Check out a few at currys, like sont panasonic, jvc and they may ahve the tosh as well, plus the phillips which has some nifty picture features ie it can strecth a 4:3 images in steps. All in all I am pleased but watching HIGH DEF on a PC as I write so if u can wait wait for high def and u can get a nifty 30" lcd in your room with a mind blowing picture and with HD u also get FANASTIC 5.1 sound and I mean fanstastic, even through 5 pc speakers, like TOTO, waiting for ROSANNA, yes I am getting on!!

gbmitey :D :D :D :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

3. Andy Davis

Andy Davis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help gbmitey ......... I have to get a telly by monday!!!.....My good lady wants it for wimbledon lol.....but I won't be going down the HD route unless i have a substantial increase in my income!!!.....I still have 5.1 from dvd ( sky+ is too expensive ) which is about it, though i will be getting a dvd/hdd recorder soon.

I bet rosanna is fantastic on HD, I hope the do a HD version of The Wall.....the normal 5.1 dvd blows me away.....:)

4. Andy Davis

Andy Davis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK......its all over for me now, and I am sure 32" was the right decision. I am quite gobsmacked by the tv even though its the lower end model and makes tv viewing and experience instead of squinting......only had a 4:3 21" before. I wanted the Samsung slimfit, but it wasn't to be as I couldn't wait, so I spent my dosh on a Philips 32dw6559.....because I liked the picture in the shop......and it has had good reviews at what?........:)

5. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    glad u got the phillips, and i bet u will be pleased with pic quality.

gbmitey