1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

28" TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by goatboy, Dec 30, 2004.

1. goatboy

goatboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I'm looking to buy a new 28" TV & want to spend up to about 300

I think widescreen is my best bet as most programmes are transmitted in widescreen now (esp. as I have a free-view box)

I have done some looking on line and in magazines and am lookling at:

Bush rf6685 vpl widescreen 300
    JVCAV-28R47SK flat widescreen 300
    Sharp 28LF92H flat widescreen 300

or cheap option:

Toshiba 28N33B 28" non widescreen

so am i definitely better off with widescreen? Are these TVs a good bet are there any other models in this sort of price rang I should look at?

Thanks

2. onewingedangel

onewingedangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    If you can scrimp up another £60, the jvd hv28p37 would be perfect. I've just got one, it has prog scan, component input, high definition through component at 1080i, and most importantly, has an excellent picture. Its essentially a high end tv for budget/mainstream prices. The tv is £360 at allders, it appears more until you get through to the checkout, where the 10% discount goes through. On a sidenote, are you the same goatboy from the special reserve forums?

3. goatboy

goatboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers just checked ou their website and there isn't an allders anyehere near me (manchester) but hey do online orders. They're out of stock at the mo but will e-mail me when they have some

no that's not me I've just signed up and picked that nickname cos i was watching some Bill Hicks yesterday