Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

28" or 32" for a bedroom

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Tracey, Jun 17, 2003.

1. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'm looking for a cheapish tv for my bedroom, ideally I wouldn't want to pay more than £300 but I definitely want widescreen and preferably a tv that isn't too bulky. I must admit I haven't really looked around at 28" sets, are they noticably smaller than a 32"? I'm used to watching my Loewe Acconda 32" which is great but something like that is far too bulky and expensive for a bedroom. I like the look of some of the flat screen models and want something in silver but I have no idea what's good and what's not at this price range. Does anybody have a decent 28" set that they would recommend? I'd be using it for Sky, dvd/vcr and playstation so would need the appropriate connections. I just wanted some suggestions so I can then know where to start looking. what I really want is a nice plasma on the wall but that's a bit too extravagent for a bedroom I think!

2. lurcher

lurcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +221
    Hi,
    Bought a few tellies over the years inc 2 RP sets and just bought a Panny 42" plasma.
    Am useing a Panasonic 28" PL1 set in a small back room and can recommend in relation to picture quality, connections ok, ie 2 scarts, S in plus audio out phonos.
    This set will be tranferred to the bedroom after we have some building work done.
    Abit more than your £300 but if u shop around I think u could get it for £400 ish.

3. gaz.thomas

gaz.thomas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think tesco.com have the toshiba 28w23 in at £299 - might be worth a look.

Gaz
    -x-