1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

28 incher, sony v's panasonic any advice?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by loofer, Dec 12, 2003.

1. loofer

loofer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi, im in the market for a 28 inch widescreen with integrated digital tuner (50 hz) and came down to the Panasonic TX28DT4 (£457) or the Sony KV28FX68 (£537)

Problem is, after reading this forum i'm hearing of buzzing and geomoetry problems from the Panasonic but can find nothing on the Sony so could anyone give me some advice?

Last time i was buying electronics (3 years ago) Panasonic were touted as the company of choice is this still the case?

2. loofer

loofer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Well, could anyone point me to any useful review sites? just anywhere to get some more info.

Thanks.

3. leeb

leeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Sorry, but the KV28FX68 doesn't have a digital tuner, oh and it's not 50hz either. Sony 28" IDTVs are the KD28DX50 and KD28DL10.

4. loofer

loofer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah, i copied the wrong model there, i meant the Sony KD28DX50.

5. pcharles

pcharles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Dont buy the KD28DX50 as per my post on the forum, it has problems with vertical banding, which so far Sony have not yet managed to fix!!

6. MarkA

MarkA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are interested in the TX28DT4 Comet are currently doing it for £430. If you get Currys to pricematch Comet they also give you 10% of the difference as well! Especially good as they sell it for £550. This brings the price down to £418.

I got the set on Friday and so far so good. Not had a long play on it yet, but no problems with it yet and the picture off DVB (the set has an anny tuner as well) is superb.