Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

"28 Days Later" on Sky

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by NicolasB, Jun 4, 2004.

1. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +898
    They showed two different versions of "28 Days Later" on Sky the other day, described in the EPG as "28 Days Later" and "28 Days Later (Alternative Version)". I watched the latter - it had an alternative ending at the very end after the credits.

Does anybody know for certain if that's the only difference between the two?

Shocking edge enhancement, btw. :mad:

2. davenich

davenich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The main films were identical, the only difference was the alternative ending.

If you check out the DVD there was this alternate ending and also a draft ending that was deemed unfeasible, and was also very illogical. There might have been another cut of the end sequence with one of the main characters missing IIRC (Not saying which one in case of spoiler).

The whole thing was filmed on digital camera, to give it a "verite" style. Unfortunately this resulted in a disgraceful amount of smearing in dark areas that made me twice check my DVD and TV settings when I watched it on DVD the first time. For once, I didn't see a preview screening of the film, so I don't know whether it was that obvious in cinema screenings.

OT(ish): I remember this film having a fantastic ad campaign that used manga style comic strip scenes in the poster sites along the escalators in London Underground stations. I actually worked on the ad campaign for this in Ireland and really wanted to replicate it, but couldn't find anywhere suitable. Annoying really. Still, we did do a great freebie poster using the same images. I wonder if anyone has kept them?