• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

28" black diamond crt tv, picture widened off screen, tube?

construct_06

Standard Member
picture has gone too wide for the screen. some text eg. on sky news is unreadable as its outside of screen size.

sometimes flicks back to normal for a second or two then goes back to wide widescreen again!!

approx. 7 years old at the moment, is it worth fixing?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
picture has gone too wide for the screen. some text eg. on sky news is unreadable as its outside of screen size.

sometimes flicks back to normal for a second or two then goes back to wide widescreen again!!

approx. 7 years old at the moment, is it worth fixing?

You should have given the model no so I could identify the chassis used but from the sounds of it it'll be a Vestel 11AK49 chassis.
Those are classic symptoms on this chassis of a dry-jointed capacitor in the east/west circuit and definitely worthwhile repairing.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
bds2851s is the model no.

how do i work out what the chasis no. is.

when u say easy fix, is it a diy job or pro?

Look on the rear label for AK19 or AK37 and report back.
It's only a d-i-y fix if you can solder neatly and are experienced in handling electronic components and understand the safety aspect.
If you phone up your local small TV repairman tell him the make/model no and the symptoms and ask for an estimate.

ShadowTD

Ah memories. I presume that you bought it from Powerar5e?

On behalf of the entire company, I apologise.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom