27WL46 v 30WL46

S

seanh79

Can anyone give me an opinion on whether the extra 3" makes much of a diference? It's for a fairly small flat which makes the smaller screen attractive but the 30" isn't much more expensive - anyone have any thoughts?

A

AgentPingu

One thing I can tell you is that the 27" is classed as a 'medium' size screen, where as the 30" is classed as large.

I do feel it makes quite a difference, I tried putting a cardboard cut out on my wall and compared the two sizes, 30" seems to give that cinema feel moreso than the 27".

I'm holding out to get a 30", but then viewing distance does come into it. Mines about 2.5/3m, the general consensous seems to be that I need 30"-32" but no bigger/smaller.

If yours is less then a 27" should suffice, just depends whether u want a screen to 'suffice' or a screen to seems massssssssive. :eek:)

S

seanh79

viewing distance would range from 2.5metres for movies to about 1 for the playstation

A

AgentPingu

seanh79 said:
viewing distance would range from 2.5metres for movies to about 1 for the playstation

:) lol, sitting close is the cheapest way to make any screen seem big :thumbsup:

I certainly don't think a 27" would be too small, a friend of mine has a 22" Samsung from a similiar viewing distance, and it does the job.

I reckon Jimsan will be the man to advise u on this one, but beware, he'll try to make you buy a Philips 32PF9986, I've a feeling he gives his a kiss goodnight each evening. But then they are quite sexy. :smashin:

A

AgentPingu

and at the end of the day, it's one of those things that comes down to personal opinion.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom