1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

27WL46 v 30WL46

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by seanh79, Feb 3, 2005.

1. seanh79

seanh79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone give me an opinion on whether the extra 3" makes much of a diference? It's for a fairly small flat which makes the smaller screen attractive but the 30" isn't much more expensive - anyone have any thoughts?

2. AgentPingu

AgentPingu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One thing I can tell you is that the 27" is classed as a 'medium' size screen, where as the 30" is classed as large.

I do feel it makes quite a difference, I tried putting a cardboard cut out on my wall and compared the two sizes, 30" seems to give that cinema feel moreso than the 27".

I'm holding out to get a 30", but then viewing distance does come into it. Mines about 2.5/3m, the general consensous seems to be that I need 30"-32" but no bigger/smaller.

If yours is less then a 27" should suffice, just depends whether u want a screen to 'suffice' or a screen to seems massssssssive. :eek:)

3. seanh79

seanh79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    viewing distance would range from 2.5metres for movies to about 1 for the playstation

4. AgentPingu

AgentPingu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) lol, sitting close is the cheapest way to make any screen seem big :thumbsup:

I certainly don't think a 27" would be too small, a friend of mine has a 22" Samsung from a similiar viewing distance, and it does the job.

I reckon Jimsan will be the man to advise u on this one, but beware, he'll try to make you buy a Philips 32PF9986, I've a feeling he gives his a kiss goodnight each evening. But then they are quite sexy. :smashin:

5. AgentPingu

AgentPingu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    and at the end of the day, it's one of those things that comes down to personal opinion.