27LC2R review?

C

Chrash

Hey

Im current looking for a 26-27" Lcd, im trying to spend around £300, atm the moment im thinking about the LG "27LC2R", its around 300 inc delivery, i was just wondering if anyone owns on of these and give a small review pointing out good and bad points, also if anyone has any recommendations for other tvs in the same price range, any help will be greatly apreciated

Thanks

Pontiac

I should be receiving mine tomorrow... brought it purely for the price it came to a total of £265 inc delivery ;) I'll post a mini review when I have it as there aint much on it you're right lol.

C

Chrash

Thanks mate, its a damn shame its gone back up to £380, at £265 i would of got myself one, i think im gonna wait around till the price comes down again!, as many pics as possible would be amazing

Thanks

O

Oo Adie oO

I bought the LG 27LC2R last weekend after seeing an advert on Curry's website displaying it at £299.00. Immediately I left my house and went to buy one as for a 27 inch LCD HD Ready TV, especially with LG's good name on it, I thought it was a bargain and wanted it to go in our bedroom.

When I arrived, to my unbelieveable luck, I managed to get the very last one, paid £299.00 (also got a free Xbox component cable as I'm the kind of person to chance my luck and ask the question "can I have something free with that?!" and walked away a very happy man!

Set up was a doddle - Simply plugged in my Xbox 360 in the component connectors, Sky through an Antenna cable, DVD player on Scart and sound also going from the red and white audio to a Sony 7.1 amplifier. Couldn't have been easier!! Everything is nicely layed out and the cable management hook slots in to make things a lot tidier behind the unit (In fact I cannot see a single wire).

The picture quality on the Xbox in HD through Component is excellent - I also have a 52 inch HD TV in my living room and it's as good on the smaller screen as it is on the big screen. The DVD picture through scart is very crisp and sky is also very good.

The remote which comes with the TV can also be set up to work my JVC DVD player which is very handy so I only have the 1 remote to work the TV and DVD - Codes are very easy to find in the user manual - Took under a minute to do! Lots of codes are included in the manual making it more a universal remote - The buttons even light up in Red when you switch the inputs.

I cannot complain at all about this TV - Its nice to look at, lots of functions, easy to use and the picture is great! Well worth the money - I'm a happy customer! BUY ONE! :thumbsup:

Pontiac

Here is my mini-review of this set:

First impressions were good, looks basic but still very smart. Good size for a bedroom too. Plenty of ports, all you need. Turned the set on, hooked it up to my PS2 via scart and ran thru Dragon Quest 8. Could not see any ghosting which I was very pleased about, no trailing or such. Motion blur would have been an incredible annoyance for me, and this has none that I could notice which is very good.

Problem is, then I booted up Call of Duty which is a very gloomy first person wargame with lots of dark colours. God damn I was disappointed, the whole thing is just a mess. The contrast is TERRIBLE, it was really bad.

Also has a problem this screen with backlight bleed. Now I know a lot of LCDs suffer from this, but it really annoys me. On a black screen its noticeable, altho not much in normal useage unless u are looking for it. This screen has a patch of "cloud" about 4 inches diagonally running down from the top right corner. There are also 3 small patches, about an inch high they look a little like a torch light. 2 of the patches are near bottom left, 1 patch is near top left.

Anyway, for maybe young kids as a starter set this TV might be suitable. But for anyone else I cannot recommend this TV at all. I am sending my set back to dixons online! I am within the 7 day cancellation period.

I now firmly believe you get what you pay for when it comes to LCDs and will never touch LG again. I will most likely be picking up the Panny 32LXD70 which seems only to have glowing reviews.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom