2700h and Series X Multi Ch PCM and eArc...confused

Tomnook80

Hi all
So my setup is an LGCX, Denon 2700h 7.1 Atmos setup and Xbox Series X. Due to the current issues with the Denon I run the Series X using eArc via the OLED. However setting the Series X to use Atmos introduces audio lag as detailed my many people. If I change my Series X setup to either 5.1 or 7.1 uncompressed audio there is no audio delay....however...anything I then run through the Denon gets reported as Multi Ch In. As such I'm unsure if this is outputting the correct format for games and if the sounds will position themselves correctly in games. Am I right in thinking that games that use Dolby D+, for example, should still display this and that I'm getting the wrong audio output from games since changing to uncompressed or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Thanks in advance.

gibbsy

So my setup is an LGCX, Denon 2700h 7.1
To enable the Denon to decode Atmos, either from Dolby TrueHD or Dolby DIgital Plus then you must have a correctly configured 5.1.2 speaker set up and not 7.1. The XBox has to be set up to allow Atmos for Home Theatre bitstream. The Denon has to do the decoding. If the Denon is showing Multi Ch In then you have configured the XBox to output PCM which does not carry Atmos unless it uses Dolby MAT.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom