27" Smart TV with VESA holes

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
I think your Sony probably is using a Samsung panel, either that or CSOT (which is basically TCL, but also used by Samsung).
Hi Dodge I seem to remember in a previous discussion of panels on Sony TV's that the XH9505 was reckoned to have a BOE panel?

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Good morning. Going to be a lovely day.

so I’ve managed to fit to my monitor arm with the adapter from Amazon. No problem with viewing angles. So far so good.
Thanks for the suggestion
Thats great, what bolts did you use for the VESA holes on the TV?
When you say no problem with viewing angles is this moving side to side with the TV static òr using the cranked monitor arm to compensate?
The viewing angles on this TV do not seem as good as my other 2 LG TV's (mancave and bedroom) which are definitely IPS panels.

desinho

Hi Dodge I seem to remember in a previous discussion of panels on Sony TV's that the XH9505 was reckoned to have a BOE panel?
The 49XH95 has a Samsung panel, BOE only makes IPS type of panels and don't even come in 49" ...
Of course with regards to the new LG you can always use the finger across the screen test. If it leaves a trail it is a VA panel ...
See here around the 1:07 mark

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
The 49XH95 has a Samsung panel, BOE only makes IPS type of panels and don't even come in 49" ...
Of course with regards to the new LG you can always use the finger across the screen test. If it leaves a trail it is a VA panel ...
See here around the 1:07 mark
Thanks I will try to find the reference to BOE in which it was also stated that Samsung had ceased panel production.
Unfortunately I cannot play Youtube clips at the mo due to some peculiar problem (see my post in ISP's and the internet sub forum)

Delta128

Thats great, what bolts did you use for the VESA holes on the TV?
When you say no problem with viewing angles is this moving side to side with the TV static òr using the cranked monitor arm to compensate?
The viewing angles on this TV do not seem as good as my other 2 LG TV's (mancave and bedroom) which are definitely IPS panels.
Hi. The adapter I bought from Amazon came with 3 types of bolts.

M5 and M6
and M8 (didn't use these at all as they were too big). Probably for bigger TVs.

The TV itself has M6 sized holes.

I used up the M5 and M6. In terms of viewing angles, I can look at the TV from left and right and from below without seeing much difference to the picture if any. I've moved myself left and right, and I've also swung the TV with the arm. I remember TN panels where it just goes black at an angle. To me it suggest it's an IPS. Maybe it's not as good as other IPS panels? I may not have the eyes to spot what you might be seeing.

My online searches also suggest it's an IPS but didn't notice any mention of it on the box. That or maybe it's actually just a really good TN panel? (I wouldn't think a TN would be this good though)

Last edited:

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Hi. The adapter I bought from Amazon came with 3 types of bolts.

M5 and M6
and M8 (didn't use these at all as they were too big). Probably for bigger TVs.

The TV itself has M6 sized holes.

I used up the M5 and M6. In terms of viewing angles, I can look at the TV from left and right and from below without seeing much difference to the picture if any. I've moved myself left and right, and I've also swung the TV with the arm. I remember TN panels where it just goes black at an angle. To me it suggest it's an IPS. Maybe it's not as good as other IPS panels? I may not have the eyes to spot what you might be seeing.

My online searches also suggest it's an IPS but didn't notice any mention of it on the box. That or maybe it's actually just a really good TN panel? (I wouldn't think a TN would be this good though)
Many thanks for the info on the bolts. I am convinced now this is an IPS panel but with viewing angles not as good as my other 2 LG IPS TV's. It certainly isn't a TN Panel. Whilst my previous kitchen TV was a TN panel it was only 24" so could be turned on a cranked arm mount like yours to compensate for the dreadful viewing angles. I was hoping that I could mount this TV virtually flat to wall and due to viewing angles do away with the cranked arm mounting. I think this TV would be too big to use in its location using the cranked arm mount with the adapters you have got. So will probably swap this TV for my mancave 32" LG IPS which unfortunately is not Smart but has better viewing angles for use in Kitchen

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom