27 inch LCD for around £600

Lex

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Just about to order the Toshiba 27WL56 for £610... I want to spend around £600 - want something around 27" - done lots of research and this seems to be about the best for the price.

Hi-Def ready, 5stars from What Video & Widescreen TV (only review I can find) - only complaint is that it doesn't have component connection... other than that looks pretty good.

Anyone got any better ideas before I order? :smashin:

To be used for DVD, SKY & XBOX btw

I have the TV and yes it is a fantastic panel but the major down side about it is the lack of component.

Also where did you read the review? Link please

The lack of component is really annoying me - I have a DVD Recorder, a DVd player, Sky, a Ps2 and an xbox all fighting over one RGB socket! :(

There is no link I'm afraid as there is no online review. I have just seen the 5* emblem attached to various adverts for it.
Can't believe that such a high profile/selling unit is so lacking in reviews!

The 26" Samsung (26R41B) has a component connection, is also HD ready and would be a little cheaper than the Toshiba.

There are probably a couple of other options (ie. LG) but I think the Samsung and Toshiba are your main contenders. You need to go out and look at them both for yourself and decide.

It would be nice to have lots of reviews for everything, unfortunately it all rather depends on how active the manufacturers are in getting sets into the hands of reviewers. And it takes a certain amount of time to dedicate to testing, and getting a review to print - assuming it's done properly!!

Have this model and really like it.....great picture and nice case design. The lack of component is a bit of a pain but I purchased a lead to connect component on my DVD to VGA (15 pin mini-d) on the screen. Cable did cost me £27 :( and was a pain to get hold of, but at least I can put progressive scan to the set now-got this cable from keene electronics on line. Got the tv from www.beyondtelevision.com for £599....think the price has gone up now. Good company to deal with and their prices are pretty keen.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom