• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

27" Apple cinema display not same height as 27" imac when using dual screen set-up.

brad123

Prominent Member
Small but annoying problem, the 27" Apple cinema display when next to a 27" imac is not the same height screen wise, its lower, its a small but annnoying issue, when I used 2 screens for my pc the screens were same height so flowing between screens was easy, plus it looks ten times better then having screens at different heights, any suggestions please?

Last edited:

flew21

Established Member
All joking aside I do think this is quite a serious oversight by Apple. They don't normally make silly errors like this with their 'aesthetics'!
More and more people are looking to use a two screen configuration, and something as small as this can be annoying.

That said-i guess a thick book will do it!

bpsmith

Distinguished Member
Actually I totally agree, and it would drive me nuts too! Surprised there's no Alu adapter plate out there that somebody is cashing in on?

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
All joking aside I do think this is quite a serious oversight by Apple. They don't normally make silly errors like this with their 'aesthetics'!

I'd disagree, there are several ergonomic flaws on the iMac. Another example is the way that all the USB ports are around the back out of sight so you have to fiddle every time you want to plug a USB Drive in.

CamFire

Distinguished Member
Another example is the way that all the USB ports are around the back out of sight so you have to fiddle every time you want to plug a USB Drive in.
Ah, we're expecting a race to the first person born with an eye on one (or both!) hand :D. So, Apple is forward looking!

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
I don't like monitors that have no adjustment, how much more does it cost to put that in place?

Apple don't offer an adjustable stand themselves, you'll have to pay them £35 for a VESA100 adapter and then find a stand from another company. The price depends on what sort of stand you want, anything from a tenner for a basic wall mount to several hundred for a fancy three monitor arm. A standard desktop stand is about £50-100). They tend to get more expensive by weight and as the iMac is a big screen with extra weight from the computing parts you'll probably be looking at the higher end of each type. You might be able to find TV stands designed for height adjustment and rotation if that's mainly what you're looking for but I wouldn't have thought they'd give you orientation (landscape to portrait) adjustment.

You can get a triple stand to hold three screens nicely lined up and looking like a single unit (either with a central leg or one at each end) but they won't look like the original stands.

MAGiK

Established Member
really the other screen was intended for laptop owners! its not an oversight, also they expect you to purchase a mac pro for use of multiple screens or a mac mini and daisy chain the displays, you could always pick up a cheep 27" iMac in the same style and just use it as a secondary display off your main one! then they will both be the same height!

or you could wall mount both screens and then adjust them as you please!

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom